Turn plain french bread into cheesy, garlicky perfection with this epic Cheesy Garlic Bread. With three kinds of cheese, herbs and tons of garlic, this is the homemade garlic bread you're going to want to make over and over again.
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 cup fresh grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley divided
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- Slice French bread loaf in half lengthwise. Place each half, cut side up, on a foil line baking sheet. Set aside.
- Stir together softened butter, minced garlic and 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley. Spread evenly on each half of the french bread loaf. In a small bowl combine cheese then sprinkle evenly on top of the bread. Sprinkle remaining parsley even over the cheeses.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Turn on the broiler to high, move the rack to the top position, and broil for the last 2-3 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbly. (*The broiling step is optional - you could just let it bake for the 10 minutes and call it good).
- Allow bread to cool and cheeses to set for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.