This creamy Tuscan Chicken in the Crock Pot makes an easy keto & low carb dinner the family will love. Packed with fresh garlic, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes and drenched in a creamy parmesan sauce, the dish develops a wonderful aroma when slow cooking with chicken in the crock pot. If you’re looking for a hearty meal to comfort yourself by the cold weather, this slow-cooker Tuscan chicken is your next family favorite!
- 6 – 8 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (80ml) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup Sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cup Spinach (chopped, packed)
- Heat oil or butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for about a minute, until fragrant.
- Add the cream and chicken broth. Bring to a gentle simmer, then set heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. The sauce should thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken at the bottom of your slow cooker. Season lightly with Italian seasoning, crushed red chili pepper flakes, sea salt, and black pepper. Top with sun-dried tomatoes.
- When the cream sauce is ready, lower the heat and whisk in the Parmesan cheese, little by little until smooth. Adjust seasoning if as needed.
- Pour the cream sauce evenly over the chicken thighs in the slow cooker. Try to get as much sauce as possible on top of the chicken and less on the bottom.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW. When cooking time is over, remove gently the chicken from the slow cooker and set aside.
- Turn the slow cooker on HIGH, if it isn’t already. Add the chopped spinach and stir for a few minutes, until the spinach wilts.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker, and spoon the liquid, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes on top, or just pour them over the chicken when serving. Serve the slow cooker Tuscan chicken over zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice for Keto and low carb diet, or rice, couscous, or pasta for non-Keto. Enjoy!
- Cooking garlic, cream, broth, and parmesan in the pan ensure the cream is well infused with garlic and stays smooth. If you don’t want to prepare the cream sauce on the side, you can put everything into the slow cooker and give it a quick stir before cooking.