These Pumpkin Bread are Fluffy, Gluten-Free, and made with only 8 ingredients and sure to be a hit! Perfect for a delicious Fall breakfast, snack, or healthy dessert.
- 2 tbsp Ground Flax OR Ground Chia Seeds + 5 tbsp Filtered Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 ¼ cup Quick or Rolled Oats, blended into a fine flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda (not Powder)*
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Nut or Seed Butter
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Preheat your oven to 350F. In a small bowl, combine the Ground Flax OR Ground Chia seeds with 5 tbsp water to form an “egg.” Stir and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the Oat Flour, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Baking Soda, and Salt to a Medium Bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients together in a separate larger bowl, along with the thickened Flax “Egg”. Slowly incorporate the dry flour mixture into the wet mixture, stirring well and until all clumps have dissolved – the batter will be thick.
- Spread the batter into a parchment paper-lined or greased 8”x4” bread pan, smoothing the top off with a spatula.
- Bake at 350F for 60-65 minutes, or until the top is golden brown, and a toothpick comes out cleanly or with minimal crumbs. Remove from the oven and carefully transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing and store any leftovers in a container at room temperature for up to one week.
- I have not tested this recipe with any other Flour combinations or substitutions
- Coconut Sugar may be substituted for Brown Sugar
- If you do not have Pumpkin Pie Spice in your pantry, here is an easy recipe to make your own!
- Make sure your Baking Soda is new/fresh, otherwise the bread will not rise.