Wonderful gluten free and low carb focaccia, made with Fathead dough. It's tender, fragrant, and so good that I freeze leftovers to avoid temptation!
- Olive oil spray
- 1½ cups shredded part skim mozzarella (6 oz)
- 1 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1½ cups blanched finely ground almond flour (6 oz)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder*
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the bottom of a square 8-inch baking dish with olive oil. Line it with a parchment square, and spray the parchment paper.
- Place the mozzarella in a medium microwave safe bowl. Top with the cream cheese cubes. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, then microwave for 40 more seconds.
- Stir again, and add the almond flour, the baking powder and the egg. Stir with a rubber spatula, then knead with your hands. Work quickly, kneading the dough well before it cools, and making sure it's completely uniform.
- Press the dough into the prepared baking dish. This is easier to do with lightly oiled hands. With your fingertips, make dimples in the dough, as shown in the video.
- Scatter the rosemary leaves on top of the bread, gently pressing them into the dough, and sprinkle with coarse salt. Liberally spray with olive oil.
- Bake the bread until puffed and golden brown, 15-17 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes, then cut into nine squares and serve.