This easy Philly Cheesesteak Pasta combines ground beef, onions, peppers, mushrooms, provolone and penne pasta into a delectable creamy family favorite.
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can french onion soup
- 1/3 lb coarsely chopped provolone cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile in large skillet over medium heat brown ground beef. Remove to plate leaving any fat in the pan. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat. Swirl the butter several times to keep from burning. Add mushrooms and cook until almost golden brown: approximately 5 minutes. Add onions and peppers and cook additional 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in french onion soup and Worcestershire sauce. In small bowl whisk together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water. Whisk mixture into skillet and cook for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add browned beef and cooked pasta to skillet with vegetables. Add chopped provolone, cover and melt cheese. Salt & pepper to taste.