This recipe is ridiculously simple and fast to whip up, and yields the most perfect, moist, dense banana bread ever.
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- sliced bananas, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray, then flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, roughly mash the bananas. Add the brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and almond milk, and whisk to incorporate.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, and use a wooden spoon to mix.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared pan, and top with the extra banana slices.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, then cover with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes longer, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a couple crumbs.