These Tofu Satay are cooks up incredibly quickly in the air fryer. It’s perfect dipped in my quick-and-easy, blender peanut sauce. Serve it as an appetizer or entree!
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger - no need to peel, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 block tofu - see video, cut into strips
- 1 batch 5-Minute Peanut Butter Sauce - Use the full 6 tablespoons of water that the recipe calls for
- Combine the soy sauce, lime juice, maple syrup, ginger, sriracha, and garlic in your blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Pour the marinade over the tofu strips*, and marinate for 15-30 minutes. While the tofu marinates, soak 6 bamboo skewers in enough water to cover.
- When your marinating time is up, use a wire cutter to cut your skewers in half, so you now have 6 half-sized skewers. A full bamboo skewer won't fit into your air fryer basket, but these half-skewers will! Remove any splinters from the cut skewers, then, skewer 1 tofu strip onto each little stick. Make sure you are sticking the UNCUT side through your tofu. You do not need to eat any splinters today!
- Transfer the mini tofu skewers to your air fryer. Cook at 370F for 15 minutes, DO NOT SHAKE. While the tofu cooks, make your 5-Minute Peanut Butter Sauce, if you haven't already.
- When the air fryer beeps, you are ready to eat!
- You can reserve the leftover marinade and use it as salad dressing! It's lovely over a green salad or even as a slaw dressing.