This Spicy Chicken Pasta is a flavorful and easy chicken pasta dinner that comes together in only 30 minutes! Chicken tenders are pan seared in butter and oil, and then served with a decadent New Orleans sauce over spicy pasta.
You’ll Need:Seasoning Mixture
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning (or Cajun seasoning)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 4 tbsp butter
- Remaining seasoning mixture
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp paprika
- 8 oz. linguine
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- In a small bowl, combine salt, Creole seasoning, paprika powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and flour. Dredge the chicken in the seasoning mixture and shake off excess. Reserve any leftover spice/flour mix for the sauce.
- Preheat large saute pan, add olive oil and melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken tenders until done, about 8 minutes (3-4 minutes per each side). Remove from the pan.
- Add 4 tablespoons of butter to the empty skillet and add remaining seasoning mixture into the butter until cook it until flour is no longer raw. Add more paprika and heavy cream into the skillet. Bring to a boiling point.
- Lower heat and simmer 3-4 minutes. Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Boil pasta in salty water, drain, but do not rinse. Add cooked pasta into the sauce and stir until fully coated.
- Add chicken into the skillet with pasta to reheat.
- Serve with sauce spooned over chicken and pasta, and sprinkled with chopped parsley.