It’s unbelievable this banana bread is made with just 4 ingredients: bananas, oats, peanut butter & chocolate chips. That’s it and it’s so AMAZING!
- 1.5 pounds ripe bananas (about 4-5 medium bananas)
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter (or another nut butter such as almond butter)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper; set aside.
- Add the bananas, oats and peanut butter to a blender and blend until smooth. Try not to over blend the batter as this will lead to a denser loaf. Blend just until the oats are ground. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Garnish with thin banana slices and more chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool completely in loaf pan. Store bread covered tightly with plastic wrap in the loaf pan or in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- If your blender is not very powerful or your batter is just too thick to blend in your blender, add ¼ cup water to help it blend.
- If you store the bread in the refrigerator it will become denser. You can put it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds or heat it in a warm oven for a few minutes to soften it back up.