This Detox Turmeric Vegan Lentil Soup is a simple, healthy and hearty meal that's great for digestion and the liver. Easy to make, packed with protein and delicious!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped turnip or potato
- 1 - 2 tablespoons turmeric I like 2
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups chopped sweet potato
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup fresh herbs I like parsley
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot or dutch oven. Add onions, celery, turnip, potato and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes until everything softens slightly. Season with salt, pepper and thyme and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add lentils, turmeric, ginger and cumin and saute 1 - 2 minutes, then add the broth and water. Bring the soup to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in almond milk, spinach and herbs until spinach has wilted. Serve immediately!