Lasagna stuffed chicken is a tasty way to get your lasagna fix without eating a bunch of carbs! Skip the noodles and stuff your lasagna right inside a chicken breast. Low carb and family friendly, too!
- 3 large chicken breasts about 6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella divided
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 cup marinara
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut a deep pocket into the side of each breast.
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Add the ricotta, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, parsley, and remaining 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Stuff the ricotta mixture into each chicken breast and place the chicken in the prepared dish.
- Spoon the marinara evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella over the top of the chicken. Continue baking for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately with additional parsley sprinkled on top, if desired.