These Vegan Veggie Lasagna are Easy Lasagna for 2 with herbed mushrooms, greens, tofu thyme ricotta, chao cheese slices . Vegan Lasagna Recipe. Makes 1 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan.
- 8 to 10 no boil lasagna noodles
- 1 jar tomato basil pasta sauce 25 oz or more
- 1/2 recipe (0.5 recipe) tofu thyme ricotta adjust thyme to taste, Use chickpea tofu or Kite hill brand almond ricotta to make soy-free
- 1 cups (96 g) sliced mushroom tossed in 1 tbsp evoo, salt, black pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 2+ tsp italian herb blend
- chopped or frozen thawed or sauteed greens like baby spinach or chard or kale
- Chao coconut herb cheese slices or daiya shredded cheese
- italian herb blend to taste
- 1 juicy tomato sliced
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) water
- Prep the tofu ricotta and set aside. Slice the mushrooms and toss in extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and italian herb blend and set aside.
- Prep the greens and other veggies if using. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F / 200ºc.
- Layer the lasagna, add a ladle full of pasta sauce at the bottom of the dish and spread. Place 2 lasagna noodles. Add a ladle full of sauce and spread. Add the mushrooms and spread them out. Add a layer of sauce, then some cheese, a layer of noodles, sauce, then greens/spinach and tofu ricotta. distribute evenly. Add a layer of noodles, sauce, cheese, tomato slices. Sprinkle salt pepper and italian herb blend. Pour water along the edges of the pan. Cover lightly with foil or parchment and bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Uncover, Let it sit for a few minutes, then slice and serve.
- Tofu Thyme Ricotta: Crumble 7 oz firm tofu into a bowl. Add 1/2 tsp garlic powder,1 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 tsp italian herb blend, 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1/4 tsp salt or to taste. Mix well and let sit for 5 minutes. Mix again, taste and adjust salt and tang and use.