French cheese puffs gougeres are so airy and cheesy. Loaded with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese, these cheesy puffs are so easy to make at home.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 stick butter
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Next, add the buttermilk and mix all of the ingredients together until a moist dough is formed.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl, and then pour it into an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish (make sure that your pan is not too small or shallow so that the butter doesn't drip out of the pan while it's baking).
- Place the dough right on top of the melted butter and use a spatula to spread it evenly across the pan until it touches the sides.
- Cut the unbaked dough (it should be swimming in butter at this point) into 9 evenish squares.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner! These biscuits are the perfect companion to any meal. I prefer to eat them with raspberry jam. 🙂