These Fried goat cheese balls with honey are this holiday season's appetizer of choice. A delightful combination of sweet, creamy and crunchy, they're sure to be a party favorite!
- 8 ounces goat cheese log
- 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 egg white
- Cut goat cheese log into 12 slices and then roll each slice into balls.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse cereal until resembling coarse crumbs.
- In one shallow bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. On a plate, place cornstarch. On another plate, place cereal crumbs.
- Dredge cheese ball in cornstarch, dip in egg and then dredge in cereal crumbs to fully coat, pressing down to adhere well.
- Arrange coated cheese balls in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze for about 3 to 5 minutes or until firm.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat about 2 inches deep of oil. Add cheese balls in batches and cook, turning as needed, for about 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. With a slotted spoon, remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
- Transfer to serving plates and drizzle with honey. Serve hot.