Grab Some Zucchini And Make This Healthier Chicken Alfredo Dish
- 3 zucchinis, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup cream (180 mL)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for serving (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh parsley, plus more for serving
- Using a spiralizer, mandoline, or vegetable peeler, turn the zucchini into thin noodles. Microwave the noodles for 1-2 minutes, then drain any liquid.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chicken, salt, pepper, and garlic and cook until the garlic is beginning to brown and chicken is cooked through, about 7 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the cream, Parmesan, and parsley to the pan, stirring until evenly combined. Bring to a boil, then stir until the sauce has reduced by about half, 3-5 minutes. Put the chicken back in the sauce and stir to coat. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then stir until the sauce has reduced by about half. Remove from heat.
- Toss the zucchini noodles in with the chicken mixture and stir until the noodles are coated evenly. Serve with more Parmesan and parsley, if desired.