This 3-step dish is cooked in the one pot, which means less washing up!
- 1 1/5 kg chicken thigh cutlets skin on
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 20g butter chopped
- 6 eschalots halved peeled
- 1 carrot chopped large
- 2 rashers bacon thinly sliced
- 150g button mushrooms quartered
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock (liquid)
- 400g chat potatoes halved
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- Coat chicken in flour, shaking off excess flour. Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Drain oil from pan. Add butter to pan and heat over medium heat. Cook eschallots, carrot and bacon, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until bacon is crisp. Add mushroom and garlic, and cook for 3 minutes. Add wine and bring to the boil. Add stock and potatoes, and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and thyme sprigs and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes. Add cream and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in parsley. Serve.
- Chicken thigh cutlets are thigh pieces still on the bone. Try to source cutlets with skin-on as browning the skin adds colour and flavour to the sauce.