Potatoes tossed in garlic and olive oil and baked to a golden brown with tender, juicy chicken thighs. This really easy chicken thighs recipe with potatoes is a family favorite! Its my go-to recipe for when I need no-fuss, quick dinner ideas
- 4 potatoes medium-sized, cut into 3/4" cube (russet, white, and red are all good choices, no need to peel)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken (I like to use thighs)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- parsley (optional, freshly chopped)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F/220 degrees C.
- Place the potato cubes in a large bowl, add the garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Spray a large (9x13) baking dish with non stick spray.
- Spread potato mixture in dish and bake about 15 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven and place the chicken pieces in the dish, nestling them down into the potato mixture a bit.
- If desired, brush the top of each chicken piece with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked and potatoes are browned.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top, return to the oven and bake for a few more minutes to melt the cheese.
- When serving, sprinkle chopped parsley on top (if desired).