Thick, creamy and incredibly delicious - this healthy MacDonalds style strawberry milkshake will satisfy your sweet tooth without the calories! A great pre/post workout snack, breakfast or after dinner treat. Vegan & GF.
- 250 ml milk of choice (see recipe notes)
- 250 g (1.5 cups) frozen strawberries
- 1 medium banana peeled
- 20 g (1/8 cup) cashew nuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp honey / maple syrup (optional)
- Add the milk, strawberries, banana, cashew nuts and vanilla extract into a blender and blend until completely smooth. If your blender is struggling, add a little more milk.
- Taste and add the honey/maple syrup if desired. Blend again.
- Serve in a tall glass and enjoy!
- For this recipe, I like to use oat milk or almond milk as I think it gives the milkshake a super creamy texture, but feel free to use any milk you prefer. If using plant-based milk, watch out for any added sugar, emulsifiers or stabilisers on the label. If in doubt go for Rude Health - they are my favourite!
- The addition of the cashew nuts makes this strawberry milkshake extra thick which is how I like it! If you prefer a thinner shake you can leave them out.
- Frozen strawberries are much more cost-effective so are perfect in recipes like this. They also act as ice without watering the milkshake down. If you wish to use fresh strawberries either freeze the banana before blending OR serve the milkshake over ice.
- This strawberry milkshake is best enjoyed straight away but will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.