Flourless Chocolate Banana Bread made with NO flour, butter, or oil, but so soft, tender, and chocolatey that you’d never be able to tell! It’s gluten-free, low in refined sugar, and whipped up in the blender in 5 minutes flat!
- 3/4 cup (60 g) oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1/2 cup (40 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas (200 g or 1 cup mashed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (64 g) nut butter*
- 6 tbsp (120 g) honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (40 g) chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC), and lightly grease a 9 x 5 (23cm x 13cm) bread pan or line it with a sheet or parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang for easy removal. Set aside.
- Add the oats to the bowl of a high-speed blender and process on high until they’ve broken down into a fine powder. Add all the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips and continue processing until the batter is smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary.** Stir in the chocolate chips by hand, or save them to sprinkle on top.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan, spreading it out evenly and sprinkling the chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 50 – 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- * Feel free to sub this with any nut butter you have on hand, or use a soy nut butter to make it nut-free. ** If you don’t own a high-speed blender or food processor, you can mix this by hand by subbing the rolled oats with a heaping 1/2 cup (60 g) of oat flour.